Level 1
Level 1

Here is setup 

RV340 connected to 2 ISPs 
WAN1 - PPOE
WAN2 - PPOE

Multi WAN Setting 
mw1.jpg

I can see that traffic is being routed through both WAN connections, but we're unable to establish a stable FTP connection to any server. It might require using a single WAN connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- I assume that because FTP use a different link  for data and control connection that client-and-server get confused when multi-wan is used , so the solution is then to either disable it or 'use only plain FTP' as mentioned earlier (if possible)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure to use  the latest firmware on the device , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

macfan007
Level 1
Level 1

@marce1000 I am on latest fw. 

Problem is something else . we are able to FTP to server and then it disconnect on next command . Probably with Multi-WAN setting it change the WAN IP on subsequent action/command. 

- Ok . also check the logs on the RV340 when those things happen ,

M.

macfan007
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @marce1000 for replying . 

Nothing on RV300 Logs during error and FTP works fine when we set precedence 1 and 2 for WAN1 & WAN2 . The only time it doesn't work when we set precedence 1 and 1 with 50-50 ratio. 

Here is logs from client side.

GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Server did not properly shut down TLS connection
The data connection could not be established: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted

- For the particular ftp client being used make sure it's version is up to date : there is an interesting discussion about this error in 
   https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=34931

Also from https://community.brightlysoftware.com/s/article/Resolve-Confirm-Error-GnuTLS-error-110-The-TLS-connection-was-non-properly-terminated-error-using-the-Confirm-OnDemand-ftp-site
  I found : 

Resolution

macfan007
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @marce1000 for clarification. It seems nothing to do with RV340. It's Server and client issue. The best way to disable one WAN during FTP works rather use plain without impacting security. 
What you suggest ?

- I assume that because FTP use a different link  for data and control connection that client-and-server get confused when multi-wan is used , so the solution is then to either disable it or 'use only plain FTP' as mentioned earlier (if possible)

M.