cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full Tunnel Config RV042

bluebomb85
Level 1
Level 1

I followed the lab at (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12534#comment-13921) to configure a gateway-to-gateway tunnel using RV042  version v4.1.1.01-sp at both ends. It seemes to be working, however  communication seems to be limited to one way. I can ping and use remote  desktop to connect to servers at the central location, but when trying  to ping or RDP to servers at the branch locaiton I get nothing.

I'm  guessing it has to do with the multiple subnet configuration. Following  your instuctions I wind up with the same ip address configured on both  routers and I wind up with a routing loop at the central office. Do you know of any way to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Could you try removing the static route on the central site?

If this still does not work, please contact the support center for further assistance.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

If you don't mind doing a bit of trial and error, you could skip the step of configuing a multiple subnet on the central site. The config doc you are referring to was created for the old RV0xx hardware (Linksys branded).

I took it out of the central office router, but now I'm getting a routing loop between the gateway router for our LAN and the VPN gateway router.

Do you mind providing screenshots for your current config?

Alternatively you could call the SBSC and they can help you set it up or escalate the issue.

Here are some screens. Let me know if there is any other config you would like to see.

Central Office Ip Config:

Remote Office Ip Config

Central Office VPN Config

Remote Office VPN Config

Central Office Route info

Also note that the router 172.16.18.1 has a route for 172.16.80.0/255.255.252.0 to 172.16.18.104. This is where I think I'm having a looping issue. Just not sure how to resolve it.

Could you try removing the static route on the central site?

If this still does not work, please contact the support center for further assistance.

That static address was the problem. However the way we filter internet for our users, changing this address allows them unlimited access to the internet. But I think we can figure that out. Thanks!