cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I use RV340 as a VPN client?

SuhasBharadwaj
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to see if I can connect to the internet through a third-party VPN (say ExpressVPN, for example) via my RV340. That is, I would like to configure my router as a VPN client instead of a VPN server.

I use two broadband connections at home and am balancing them using this router. I want to make sure all the devices in my network (which are connected to the RV340 through switches and access points) connect to the internet via a VPN service. How do I achieve this?

P.S.: I just started using a Cisco router for the first time so I am an absolute newbie in that regard.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to do PBR on RV, which traffic should use what  broadband connection.

here is some guide to setuip vpn.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4296-configure-easy-client-to-gateway-virtual-private-network-vpn.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am attempting to do the same thing i want to route certain clients over a 3rd party VPN provider such as StrongVPN and i have not been able to figure it out.

All of the guides i see seem to be geared towrds connecting to the RV340 versus the RV340 connecting to a VPN provider and routing traffic over it to mask it from an ISP provider since they are all data mining us now a days and selling our habbits to the highest bidder.

Im going to give it another month or so before i just switch to firewalla gold.

mintuhouse
Level 1
Level 1

Did you figure out how to connect RV340 to VPN provider like ExpressVPN

No I did not, I switched to Mikrotik they have routers starting at $40 that can do way more then cisco