cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure QoS on RV340

tndtsftwr
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV340 running Firmware 1.0.02.16. I am trying to configure a QoS policy to avoid reaching my ISP's data limit. I realize that limiting the inbound traffic may only affect what the streaming services sends if the service is adapting the stream. In any case, I haven't been able to get a QoS configuration to affect anything so far...

I configured a Traffic Class identifying AppleTV devices by IP address as follows:

traffic class.JPG

I configured WAN Bandwidth Management with a maximum downstream of 56000 kb/s (i.e. about 200gb/hour).

wan bandwidth.JPG

I enabled WAN policing and set the Video traffic class to 2% (i.e. I assume this is 2% of the 56,000kb/s entered above so 2% is about 4gb/hour):

policing.JPG

In any case, no traffic appears under WAN QoS Statistics for the Video class, so I must be configuring this incorrectly. Any insight or better documentation on how the QoS feature works in the RV430 would be appreciated!

2 Replies 2

I previously read the referenced post on configuring QoS for the RV320/RV325. The screens on the RV340 are significantly different and in any case I have not been able to get QoS working. I would appreciate any help in the context of the RV340 or the screen shots that I have posted.