cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet problems with an RV-082 Router and Swann DVR connected.

azrls338811
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem from the twilight zone.  When my Swann DVR (CONVR-B163MP) is NOT connected I can access the internet without any problems.  When the Swann DVR is connected, I lose access to Google and secure "Log-in" webpages.  It is as if there is a firewall blocking them.  I can access most normal websites without any problems.  Once the problem occurs, I need to reboot the router in order to gain clear access again.  Just unplugging the DVR will not fix it.

I have a resolution by connecting an older router directly to the WAN, then linking that router to the Cisco RV-082.  I have access controlled by MAC codes and took off the DVR to prevent it from getting access to the Cisco RV-082.  The DVR is connected to  the older router to get to the internet.

It is just a strange problem.

The Swann DVR is working through the internet to provide a live video feed to my phone.

If anyone knows an answer I would be glad to hear it.

JLW

2 Replies 2

telephoneguru
Level 1
Level 1

TelephoneGuru.net is the number one service provide for new and used phone systems, telecoms, voice & data cabling, fiber optics, system repairing, etc. in whole of Dallas and Tarrant County Cities.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Odd issue, but I think you've found the solution.  The only other solution may be in upgradeing/downgrading the firmware to another version that doesn't seem to have this issue with the swann.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com