Views
Helpful
Replies

Locked out of DHCP menu on Cisco RV082

ghostly01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

While binding a MAC address in the DHCP menu I made some mistake while binding an IP address. I binded a mac to a VoIP phone. Now I cannot access the DHCP menu anymore, it just shows a blank page. I need to get into the DHCP menu now because it's giving out the default gateway 192.168.0.1 for a DNS server. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Restarting the router doesn't help either. Thanks!

12 Replies 12

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Did you bind on the wan port or lan?  Have you tried just rebooting the unit?

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Hello,

It was on the LAN side. Yes, I accidentally saved the mirror config to the running config. The previous admin had a backup file and I thought I could just load it up. It has a password though and it wont load.

Pretty strange.  Either you won't be able to access it anymore at all due to some junk getting saved along with your change or you can probably get in with another browser/computer combo.  Try another browser and computer.

Hello,

I have tried another computer/browser and still didn't get in.

Thanks for your help!

What is the IP address you are getting and the default gateway IP?  Do you have Internet access?

We are getting 192.168.0.1 (our default gateway,router LAN address) for the DNS server. I have to statically configure 8.8.8.8 on the host machines to bypass this issue and allow clients to access the web. We do get internet access but DNS is clearly affected.

You should be able to log in to the router at 192.168.0.1.  What happens when you try this?

Yes, I can login to the router via a web-browser. Every menu is available except DHCP.

Try different browsers and computers and see if any of them are different.

I've tried that as well. Same thing DHCP is not accessible anymore.

So it looks like a factory reset is my only option? Maybe I could try using a VTY session?

Wow, this one is really stuck. :(  The only idea that I have (and I don't think it will work) is to save and restore the config.  This shouldn't work because the corrupted data would just be saved and restored, but for some reason it may work and save you from doing the factory reset.  Otherwise, yes, factory reset seems like the only option left.