Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving from RV042 to RV320

jon liljegren
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

As the title states I'm migrating to a RV320 from a RV042.  I'd like to minimize the downtime of the network and need to configure the RV320.  Is there a way to view the backup Mirror.config file from the RV042 and be able to create a startup.config file that I could load into the RV320?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

The config file of RV042 is encrypted is not  clear text so we cannot pull out the information, also we don't have a tools for that.

Only way is to have an access on both router (WebGUI) so we have visibility to the configuration of RV042 and configure at the same time the RV320

Thanks

Mehdi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jon,

unfortunately we cannot upload config file from RV042 to a RV320, because they are different platform, so in this case we need to configure the RV320 on lab environment and after that moving to the productive network to minimize the downtown of the network 

thanks

Mehdi 

What I'm trying to do is put all the settings from the old router into the new one, I'm sure everyone gets that.  What I'm trying not to do is something like using a paper and pencil, navigating page by page writing all the settings down.  

Are there any tools, methods, workarounds that would allow a tech the access and ability to read or modify the .config files?

Hi, 

The config file of RV042 is encrypted is not  clear text so we cannot pull out the information, also we don't have a tools for that.

Only way is to have an access on both router (WebGUI) so we have visibility to the configuration of RV042 and configure at the same time the RV320

Thanks

Mehdi

Dagnabbit

Thanks for taking your time and responding to my questions!

Jon

nothing like a bot to make your day

The config files aren’t the same and typical would only work going to the same model device.  I would put the RV320 on your office network and vpn into the RV042 if you have multiple monitors I would have both router config pages open.  You could also do screen shots but that’s more a PITA then having both router open on your PC where you can usually copy and paste.