cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-WAN port with load balance solution.

Hello Bro,

Recently we have increased our ADSL lines now 5 and increasing, so we need a device that can connect the LAN side to the WAN ports and load balance exactly as in the RV016.

We already have one RV016 in another setup, and we need another device knowing that unfortunately this RV016 is now end of sale and support "I have reviewed the small business RV family, now all not more than dual WAN ports only".

we need another device to load balance between the 5 ADSL lines.

Any suggested devices or crafted solutions will be appreciated.

TIA

1 Reply 1

I have received this idea if anyone agree with it, I will form the lap and test it.
- All internet modems will be connected through a switch "same subnet ADSL modems lan side"
- Another Cisco Router interface will be connected on this same switch and can reach all ADSL modems.
- The other Router interface will be connected to my clients and configured as their gateway.
- A default route will be configured on the Router with next hope the IP address of every ADSL modem.
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 MODEM.1.IP
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 MODEM.2.IP ... etc
Expected result, Now according to the routing table and as all routes has same metrics, the Router should now load balance the traffic requested.

What do you think about this brothers? promising, tuning required, or I shouldn't test it?
TIA.