cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me with RV325 NAT issues...

pfsmith01
Level 1
Level 1

I have the latest firmware (v1.3.2.02) for my RV325.

There are 4 devices connected to it, but, I have simplified the problem down to a single device. However, I've tried configuring all devices the same way to no avail. And, I need all 4 devices to work together in the end.

The problem starts with a single XBOX ONE S. I can get it to have an OPEN NAT, but it does not remain open over time.

I have set it to a static DHCP address 192.168.1.75 assigned to it's MAC. This part appears to be working fine - I can see it's entry in the DHCP status page. Also, I'm using only IPv4.

I have UPnP turned on.

I can see it opening ports that it requires via the UPnP Port Forwarding Table. Usually this is just Terado[UDP/49665-49665]. Occasionally Port 3074 is opened, too, but not always.

My XBOX ONE S will say the NAT is OPEN and all network tests pass with perfection.

However, the next day when I turn the XBOX on it will say Moderate, or, (sometimes) Strict NAT.

I must usually reboot/power cycle the router to fix this. Sometimes I must delete the ports from the translation table and turn UPnP off/on, too.

**This happens with a single XBOX for no reason that I can determine.**

And, as I mentioned, I need it to work with another XBOX ONE, and a Windows 10 PC, and a WiFi router.

Please help! I've tried everything I can think of. Rebooting the router several times a day is getting tiresome, and, really seems like it should not be necessary...

Thanks very much!

1 Reply 1

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my name is Jonathan and I am part of the Small Business Department.

I apologize for any inconvenience with this unit, please let us know,

-You mentioned that there are 4 devices but  is your problem happening with only that Xbox or the other unit has the same problem? what about the other 2 units do you have the same problem with them?

-Have you tried to take a packet capture and see if the service is getting stopped at any time before you check the Xbox the next time after seeing the Nat as opened

-Have you tried to do a reflash on the unit and then a factory reset? 

-Also feel free to contact us to open a new case for this unit. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country