cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems in Internet access in the middle being a modem and Linksys RV016

elizarraga_c
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon, I have another problem with Cisco Linksys RV016 Router, the router used to connect to ADSL Internet 3 links which these in turn give direct service to a server right now each of them, the idea is to connect the 3 modems LAN router and connect the server, this is no problem so far. The point is that here at my work people access to Remote Access Servers for Windows and VNC TightVNC or my servers with Linux (ask why not login at TeamViewer or LogMeIn, but it is another matter), the idea is to leave as they are, that everything is apparent and improve systems with load balancing (Router). The modem has ports open for remote access the 3389, are accessed without nigun problem, but when connecting the router and can not, I opened the same ports in Router and name and works.

Servers handle the no-ip.org for access and name resolution on DNS and so with that name assigned by the no-ip is where remote access from the Internet.

I do not know if you understand, but I hope someone help me with this.

In advance thank you very much and greetings.

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Enrique,

I am not sure I understand exactly. It seems that you are saying that you cannot access local devices from a remote location using RDP or VNC. With Load Balancing you will want to bind these protocols to WAN interfaces. For example if you have a server using WAN1 and the listening port is 3389 (RDP), you will want to bind 3389 to WAN 1. If server 2 is using WAN2 and you access it using VNC, bind 5900 to WAN2. You will find that some Services are not available from the dropdown in Protocol Binding. In that case click on Service Management and create a new service for the protocol that you wish to bind. (i.e. VNC 5900 to 5900)

Look, the first phase of my work to be done is to try a single server and it has Windows Server 2008, you explain:

1. This ADSL modem connected directly to a single server (Windows).

2. It is accessed without any problem by remotely from another network and / or from the Internet via remote access.

3. The modem has port 3389 open to allow remote access from another network or Internet (up to here is my current scheme and there is no problem).

4. Connect between the modem and Linksys RV016 router server.

5. I open the same ports with the modem for remote access.

6. If I have Internet server.

7. Remote access is not working.

As time??? something can be done to solve this problem. The server as you mentioned earlier is running as a service no-ip.org for publication DNS name and not have to be constantly changing the IP by automatic changes made ​​by the supplier (eg server name and for which so is taken from the internet: servidorwin.no-ip-org).

See if you explain me better.

Thanks in advance and greetings.

Hello Enrique,

I think that I understand better now. Here are the steps that I would take to forward 3389 to the server. I am assuming the server has an IP address of 192.168.1.2

1. In the RV016, go to Setup-> UPnP. Select UPnP Function: Yes
  2. Click on Service Management and create a new Service Name called RDP
  3. Protocol is TCP, External and Internal Ports are both 3389. Add to list and Exit.
  4. Select RDP from the Service dropdown and add the IP Address 192.168.1.2 (Use the server LAN IP)
  5. Click Add to list and Save Settings at the bottom of the page.

mpyhala not work for me, I'll keep searching the internet for possible causes that prevent me from making the connection, I hope and know some other method.

I appreciate your quick reply. regards