Views
Helpful
Replies

Router for CBS350 network

jay.booth
Level 1
Level 1

Hey team,

looking for a solution that isn’t crazy expensive to connect internet from an exisiting network that isn’t managed by us (we are an onsite AV supplier in a hotel, hotel IT has given us a port), to multiple VLANs across our network. I know we will need a router, but the Cisco range is not the cheapest. Has anyone had any luck with finding a cost effective router that can spit out vlans and works well with the Cisco range? 

edit: we tried a ubiquiti USG as the router and it didn’t want to play nice with the Cisco

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Has anyone had any luck with finding a cost effective router that can spit out vlans and works well with the Cisco range? 

Can you explain more on this, also explain what you trying to achieve, Hotel give you 1 Ethernet ? after what are you looking to do?

you want to use Hotel connection as WAN and you have a different LAN is this correct?

So you looking your Lan to use WAN connection get internet. then you need NAT here

Try any RV Models  :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en_uk/products/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/models-comparison.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

We have multiple VLANs running, eg: VLAN 1 is running some video equipment with an IP of 169.254.x.x, VLAN 2 is running control and audio (192.168.0.x), VLAN 3 is running some lighting (192.168.1.x), VLAN 4 is running a storage network (10.0.0.x). So we are wanting to spread the internet access to all these VLANs at once, but would need a router that has VLAN compatibility if I'm correct? So then we could create a Trunk port between the router and the switch

Look at the URL i provided that help you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

Cisco RV series routers are capable to cater that purpose (802.1Q VLAN support available) but End-of-Life (EOL) has been announced already for those routers. Hopefully, newer router models will be available soon under Cisco Small Business / Cisco Business segment.