Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-042G with Dual WAN connections, no internet connection after an hour

chanwaipui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir/Madam,

I just upgraded from RV-042 to RV-042G on 24.Dec.

My previous connections are : (1st) 100Mbps ISP connection, (2nd) 200Mbps ISP connection (fibre to home)

Before upgrade, my RV-042 worked very stable.

After using Migration Tools by exporting RV-042 current config and converted to V3 configuration, the converted configuration was imported to RV-042G.

In the beginning, the RV-042G woks fine after imported converted configuration file.  Unfortunately, after around 1 hour of use, my iPad (through an Apple Airport Extreme Station) and wired PC could not browse internet.

But, port-forward to 3 IP-cam still be able to access by my iPhon4 through Carrier 3G connections.

After a reboot of RV-042G, internet connetion comes back.  But, after an hour of use, the same issue happened again.

RV-042G makes me fructuated.  I will fallback to RV-042 from now on and wait for any futher firmware improvement from Cisco/Linksys.

p/s: my previous RV-042 and current RV-042G config:-

* WAN1 : 100Mbps ISP connection

* WAN2 : 1Gbips ISP connection ( 200Mbps max throughput)

* LAN1 : connected to Apple Airport Extreme

* LAN2 : connected to Linksys 16-port FastEthernet switch

* LAN3 : idle

* LAN4 : connected to an Intel i7 PC

* Dual WAN link mode with bandwidth management, all internet connection from PC will stick on WAN2

Regards,

Tom Chan

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good afternoon

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Tom, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. Sometimes you have to do a factory reset to your device  after you upgrade your firmware (always make a back up of your data.), you can do that and if the problem persists please let me know and I´ll help you.

I hope you find this answer useful, *Please mark the question as Answered or rate the answer so other will know when an answer has been found.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Dear Johnnatan,

I upgraded the firwmare and the device could not boot up after firmware upgrade.  It seems that the firmware was corrupted

Finally, I returned the RV-042G back to reseller for money back.

Thanks.

Regards,

Tom Chan