cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W port forwarding problem

m-costello
Level 1
Level 1

I created 5 firewall->port forwarding->rules...

What I wanted was to forward a particular port from the WAN to a particular LAN IP

All 5 showed up in the IPv4 Firewall rules, but only the first line that is enabled works.

If I disable the first line, the 2nd line works...

If I disable the first and 2nd line, then the 3rd line works...

I have tried cycling power and re-booting...no change...

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16

dliberty82
Level 1
Level 1

I believe the RV 120W is just another low quality Linksys product disguised as a Cisco router. I've had terrible experience with Linksys - unstable for business usage and trying to use anything other than the very basic features of the router causes reboots / lock ups / severe performance drops.

I am also having issues configuring my RV 120W using Port Forwarding.  We have 5 public IP addresses, and multiple private IP addresses.  I need to accept incoming connections to the different public addresses and depending on the address and port (service) direct the connection to the proper server IP address and port.  I setup the Firewall Rules for the services, but when I tried accessing one of our HTTP servers (which happens to be "mapped" with the public address on the router), I received the administration utility.  This same route works on the Netopia router I am replacing.  I figure that it must be a configuration issue, but I do not see what is wrong.  I do not have screen shots right now, but I can post them if this would help.