Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 180W Airplay Remote App

imohansingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having some issue for Remote App to connect to the Apple TV using the Wireless netowork setup in my 180W.

My wired Mac is able to connect to wireless connected Apple TV but my iphone (4, 4S and iPad) are not able to connect to apple TV.

I am logged into same apple ID and enable sharing on Apple TV and Remote app but still the Apple TV does not show up in remote app.

Any Idea? Do I have to enable some setting for this to work. It used to work in my very old Buffallo router with tomato firmware.

If I conenct the Apple TV to wired network it works fine. Instanatly it shows up in iPhone Remote app, but not if its on wireless network.

Any Idea will be really help full?

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Inder,

There is a setting called Wireless Isolation Within SSID.

Check under Wireless >> Basic Settings, then click on edit for the wireless network or SSID you are using.

Try disabling Wireless Isolation Within SSID and testing again.  You may want to try power cycling the router and testing again if that doesn't work right away.

If you are using multiple VLANs there is one other setting we can check but try that first because I believe it will solve your problem.

Christopher Ebert

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center