cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-345 VPN clien to site problem

piotr
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV345 and several devices in the LAN, such as: video recorder, NAS, computer. I have set up a VPN client to site connection as follows: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/Configure-ShrewSoft-RV34X.html. The connection is established. I am getting a PING response from the video recorder, NAS, and computer. However, I cannot access the NAS and the video recorder (via browser and SMB). I can log in via SSH to the NAS. However, when I log in after giving "ps aux", the SSH connection hangs.
At the same time, the remote desktop to the computer works without any problems. All devices are on the same VLAN. Nothing is blocked by a firewall. Firmware 1.0.03.21. Any hint?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad all worked nice to hear,

Regarding other question, if you connect to client to Server, the VPN Session full cone, means all traffic go via server

if you looking local break out you need to setup split tunnel.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did the VPN Pool of address have ACL to allow LAN resources. for testing Allow any any to test is that working ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5491-configure-access-rules-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

BB

Thank you for your response. Adding ANY ANY didn't help. However, it did lead me to a solution to the problem. It turned out that the ISP of the client's link was giving me an ipv6 address. I changed APN to IPv4 and everything works Thx.

Is it possible for a VPN connection (client to site) to be seen on the Internet at the VPN server's IP address? Now, after establishing the VPN connection, I have access to the LAN of the VPN server. But I go out into the world with my IP address. Goes to change that on the RV345?

Glad all worked nice to hear,

Regarding other question, if you connect to client to Server, the VPN Session full cone, means all traffic go via server

if you looking local break out you need to setup split tunnel.

BB

It works! Thanks

The connection disconnects every 60 minutes. Is this time going to change? This seems to be set in the default ipsec profile. However, I can't change anything there. The options are grayed out.