cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 firmware upgrade failure to 4.0.2.08-tm

Sponiato Net
Level 1
Level 1

Tried upgrading my firmware to 4.0.2.08-tm and now I cannot log in via the web interface. The router boots and gets out to the internet. It still allows incoming vpn connections. The login screen displays and will display an error message if I use incorrect credentials, but if I log in properly and am directed to the routers web config homepage at "192.168.1.1/default.htm", I get a 404 error message. Telnet does not work either (not sure if it's on, never used it before)

404 Not Found

The requested server-side-includes filename, /usr/local/EasyAccess/www/htdocs/default.htm, does not seem to exist.

As if the web pages after the login screen got removed or corrupted after the update.

SN is NKS10403247

I realize there is a newer version. Attempted the upgrade incrementally since I could not find documentation specifiying if that was required or not.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

fscharz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Scott Poniatowski,

My name is Friedrich Scharzn and I work for the Cisco Small Business Support Center in Europe.

Can you please let me know  which version of the RV042 you have or/and which firmware you have at the moment? If your Router is not hardware version v3, then you won;t be able to update it to 4.02.08-tm.

Many thanks,

Friedrich

sorry. v3. thought the serial number might indicate that.

Thanks

If the hardware (probably still Linksys branded) is running firmware 1.3.x, you cannot upgrade it to firmware version 4.0.x.

I had the same issue when upgrading from 4.2.3.06 to 4.2.3.08

Any way  to recover it? I can't access any page of the router web interface after login

Router still works, though

Haiver Bermon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem, but only upgrade fails when I do upgrade remotly. When the PC that contain the upgrade file is in the same segment of the RV042 the upgrades is succesfull, but when the PC is in another subnet, upgrade fails.

Someone knows why?

When one is doing firmware upgrade over the internet, the process is more likely to fail than when it's done locally. If your computer is connected to the WAN port of the router directly and the firmware upgrade process always fails, then it's a different issue.