cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Router VPN Tunnels

Steve Morton
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following setup using two Cisco RV042 Routers.

Subnetwork A - Main Campus

Cisco RV042 Router connected to a T1 at 1.5M

Router A has a VPN Tunnel setup to Network B which is a different subnet.

Subnetwork B - is at across the street physically

Cisco RV042 Router connected to a DSL at 1.5M

Router B has a VPN Tunnel setup back to Network A on a different subnet.

Both Router A and B have the basic same settings and the VPN Tunnel is working. Each Router and subnet connect to the internet at their respective DSL and T1 lines without issue.

At Site A I have a SIP SV8100 VOIP server and an Windows AD 2008 R2 servers which holds the DHCP and Authentication. Site B has an IP Phone which connects via the VPN Tunnel and works just fine without issue.

At Site B I also have another IP Phone from an outside third party which will connect to it's SIP over the internet if I connect it to the Site A network, but it will not connect if it is on the Site B network.

Here is my question. Can I re-route the IP Phone (third party) through the VPN Tunnel such that it really access the internet via the T1 at Site A instead of the DSL?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Steve Morton

IT Manager - FBCR

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve, the only way to route all traffic through the RV0XX router VPN tunnel is using ESP Wild Card Forwarding. I am not sure it'd be specific enough for you to do only the one telephone as it is essentially a 0.0.0.0 statement on the tunnel config.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

One other way to router that phone's traffic via the other site's Internet connect would be to pptp into the site a's router and obtain and IP from there.  Then *all* the traffic will tunnel through to site a.  The problem will probably be finding a pptp client on the phone.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com