cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 V3 - Bugs

rherreraSHC
Level 1
Level 1
  • Router RV042 (V3 with firmware 4.0.0.7) does not work with firefox4 and chrome, you can log into the router but it shows a blank page when you log in.

• I had RV042 v1.1 before it died and had one-to-one NAT working, on the new RV042(v3 4.0.0.7) that feature does not work.

• when you enble HTTPS ( for remote access, remote management is a different option) this turns on port 443 on the outside even if you have remote access off, and port forwarding port number 443 doesnt work.
4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi rherreraSHC,

Thank you for posting. We will look into these issues and start working toward finding a fix.

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

We have Cisco escalation working on this issue. The port is still being forwarded, but the newer OS version on the device is more secure and is forcing its own certificate to be given out instead of the passing the certificate request through the RV device. Turning off HTTPS tells the RV to ignore certificate requests. The way we can tell the port is still being forwarded is we are getting the IIS webpage errors not the RV webpage. They are working on finding a solution.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

I have this problem as well.. only now I'm stuck with nothing and can't get back to the router web pages. How can regain access to them? And please don't tell me I have to reset!

In other words, I disabled remote management -- was getting too much traffic from hackers on the WAN side... but left SSL on. When attempting to connect from a local LAN ip, I get the login prompt, I login, it authenticates, and bam.. blank pages! Arghgh! Please help.

-Steve

did you try updating to the latest firmware? it resolved my major problems.