Helpful
Replies

RV042G dual wan specific port on WAN1 or WAN2

tk lam
Level 1
Level 1

RV042G using dual wan

and would like to open a port# (eg.1234) on WAN2

set Firewall->Access Rules-> Action=Allow, Service=Port#1234, Interface=WAN2, Source=Any, Destination=device IP, Time=Always

set Setup->Forwarding-> port1234[tcp/1234~1234]->device pc [enable]

however when I test the port, it always bind on WAN1 IP

is there any way to fix this...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have configure my router with same rule and works, what version you use and if there's other settings? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ami Xiao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, since forwarding rules is mapping to all of ports, you have to add one more rule to deny traffic from wan1, and I'm not sure what you mean "bind on wan1 IP"?

Access Rules->

Setup->Forwarding-> port1234[tcp/1234~1234]->device pc [enable]

Action=Deny, Service=Port#1234, Interface=WAN1, Source=Any, Destination=device IP, Time=Always

I'm using load balance

after open this rule "set Setup->Forwarding-> port1234[tcp/1234~1234]->device pc [enable]"

we can connect this port with WAN1 network and its working, but I want it to use on WAN2 network only

follow your step to deny this port on WAN1, WAN1 deny but WAN2 still not open...

I have configure my router with same rule and works, what version you use and if there's other settings? 

I have VOIP system running on WAN1, the other just normal port forward on WAN1

and i did make sure WAN2 port forward is ok problem if i am not using dual WAN router

Up to now, I think the only possible reason is wan2 NSD fail to remove the connection? Maybe u could try to disable wan2 NSD and see how it goes.