cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 fails to respond until manual restart

asakande1
Level 1
Level 1

I've been noticing that occasionally our 2nd Gen RV082 fails to allow internal admin management until a manual restart.  After the restart, all seems to be fine and traffic/router is very responsive. The following describes typically how the issue occurs:

1. Internet traffic is rather slow and unresponsive
  2. Content is failing to load for end users
    1. Website are loading but with images or css failing to load
    2. Websites fail to load and appear offline (not all, but some such as ebay for example)
    1. We recognize there is a problem, let's try to access the local router admin
      1. Fails to load the log-in prompt, so we manually reboot the device
    2. All is operational for now

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so what was your solution?

We are running Firmware Version: 2.0.0.19-tm.  I saw something that seemed remotely similar at the link below because we've seen those errors also, but there was never a solution. https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2094106

2 Replies 2

asakande1
    Level 1
    Level 1

It seems that even after a factory reset and upgrading to the latest firmware, the device continueves to have this issue.  It appears that the problem exists after a few hours of usage now.

not sure why no one has responded to you yet.  It appears that Cisco is trying to pretend this problem doesn't exist so they won't have to fix it, or possibly acknowledge some sort of hardware defect that they cannot get around.

Are you ready?  Here is what I have found after EXTENSIVE troubleshooting of v1, v1.1, v2, and v3 hardware for RV082 and RV042 units:

1) the issue you are experiencing is a bug in the v2 firmware.  No amount of troubleshooting will fix it.  Cisco will not fix it because the old versions are tabled at this point.  The only recourse you have is if the unit is under warranty get them to send you v3 hardware in replacement.

2) now that you have your v3 unit, this problem may STILL BE THERE!   The good news is that it will only happen every couple months instead of constantly.   I have two v3 units in service, one works perfectly, the other has the lockup/reboot issue.

3) Check this out - all my v1 hardware units run great with no problems.  They all have the latest V1 firmware (NOT V2 !!!)  All of my v1 units that I upgraded to the v2 firmware eventually experienced the same problem as the v2 unit that you are experiencing.  Downgrading them to the latest v1 firmware immediately fixed all issues, which is how I figured this out.  Too bad you can't downgrade your v2 hardware, which is why you should get it swapped for a v3 unit - at least you can get more money for that one on ebay.