cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 Web Admin Lockup

adamakers
Level 1
Level 1

Just purchased a RV082 and once I switched a bunch of users over to it I can no longer access the web admin section.  I have tried using both IE and Firefox and have used multiple workstations.  I get to the login screen but it doesn't get any further.  I am running the latest firmware v4.0.4.2-tm.  It works for a while then just stops.  The only fix is to turn off the device and back on and then it starts working again.

Anyone else run into this issue or have a fix?  I've seen this issue on other small business cisco devices and had to stop using this because of this issue and switch to a higher grade cisco product but was hoping that this particular issue would have been resolved now across cisco's products.

-Adam

22 Replies 22

Tom,

8x5 support for SMB products has been in place for the last few months for warranty based support. Support hours are 9am-6pm local time M-F.

- Marty

Since when have there been service contracts for smb products?

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Samir,

Small Business Support contracts have been available for some time. The part number for the RV042 contract is

CON-SBS-SVC2. This is for 8x5 phone support for 3 years, although with a contract we usually provide support at any time. This also entitles the device to Next Business Day replacement if there is a failure during the 3 year period. (Advance Replacement)

- Marty

I have restored to factory defaults and set up everything manually all over again. Everything has been fine for quite a while now.

One thing that may help find this bug, is that email alerts also stop when the web interface dies.

Awesome! I'll keep that in mind when looking for this issue in the future. Glad to hear everything is well so far.

~Nick

Cisco Network Support Engineer

Please mark answered for helpful posts!

~Nick Cisco Network Support Engineer Please mark answered for helpful posts!

Unfortunately, the small business Cisco stuff is very much like the consumer level stuff, just with much more advanced 'business' features.  While a lot of times they can work flawlessly without reboots, there are also situations where a daily reboot is necessary.  But this is not only a character of Cisco smb products, but other vendors as well.  It's only when you move into enterprise-grade equipment that you get the 24x7x365 flawless operation.

ml00000011
Level 1
Level 1

You can try webmanagement with port 8080 . It just work for me.

M.

I don't think that directly specifying the management port would help, but it can't hurt trying.  Also, another think to try would be to change the port to something different and see if that helps.