cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W random WAN disconnects

csc000001
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed a RV110W device connected to a cable modem and I am facing random disconnects from internet. A reboot of the router solves the problem fo a random amount of time. The RV110W is a replacement for a router which worked fo years but unfortunately broke down.

Config:

Cable Modem - Router - Switch (10/100/1000)- [NAS, 2 x wired PC, TV, DVD, HD Sat Receiver. 6 x Wifi]

NTP server ntp.metas.ch ==> OK.

What we recognized:

- random loss of the internet connection

- reboot of RV110W resolves the problem

- the time semms to be shorter while downloading larger volumes

What I tried

- enable QOS WAN side to the contracted download rate 35k/3.5k ==> nope

- MTU to fix 1450 ==> nope

- disconnect NAS, TV etc. except wired & WIFI devices ==> nope

Any hints highly appreciated.

Many thanks to anyone who can provide some insights.

Kind Reagrds

Max

4 Replies 4

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Max, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience, I have a couple of questions, what firmware are you running? Did you configure an Access list, Nat, firewall, IPS, VPN?

It could be an overload issue, you could check this article Determining and setting up the correct MTU size in order to find the correct size from the WAN.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Luis Arias

My Firmware is 1.2.0.9, the lates as far as I know, was already installed on the device.

I simply run the wizzard and defined a 192.168. range for DHCP as well as WLAN with WPA-PSK2. WAn is DHCP as well.

What I can do is simply do a factory reset and re-run the wizzard.

Thank you for your Time and your Assistance.

Kind Regards

Max

Hi Luis Arias

In the meantime I trashed the RV110W and purchased another device (not Cisco anymore) which just worked after completing the wizzard. To me there is just no point to accept the hassle to mess around with a device which regulary stopps to operate. It seems your RV110W model may have some issues with concurrency above a certain throughput.

The deviced did work with low bandwith usage and one or two low performing consumers. As soon as throughput increased the device "signed off" - reboot the device and start over.

Best Regards

Max

Hi Max,

I am sorry for that decision that you took it, that kind of issues could be related to WAN configuration, you could try cloning the MAC address from your computer NIC, also keep trying in order to get a resolution. Just to let you know there are some many ways of support, you could find this way, you can call to SBSC, also you can find the appropriate contact information for SBSC in the below link, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html.

Also this other Link https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport, will provide you multiple ways of support.

Thank you for your time Max,

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.