cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 Reset Port Statistics

wspeeckaert
Level 1
Level 1

This is probably a silly question, but how can I reset the port statitics on the RV180 router without rebooting the router? I have the latest firmware.

5 Replies 5

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I will be glad to assist you with your configuration; I found this information regarding your request:

1. Choose Administration > WAN Traffic Meter.

2. Under Traffic Counter, select Restart Now, or Specific Time, and enter the time you want the traffic counter to restart.

3. (Optional) Check the box to send an email report containing the traffic meter statistics before the counter is reset.

4. Click Save

You can also find this and more information in the admin guide of your product, this is the link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv180w/administration/guide/rv180w_admin.pdf in page 143.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi,

I don't care about the WAN traffic; I turn it off since it slows down my connection by about 10Mbit/sec. I have a 60Mbit/sec connection and with the WAN traffic meter enabled, I get an average of 50MBit/sec and with id disabled I get >60MBit/sec.

I monitor WAN traffic through my ISP.

What I want is to be able to reset the LAN Port statistics.

Hi Willy, I am sorry for misunderstood your question, I found these other information regarding to Port Statistics, also found in the administration guide from your device, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv180w/administration/guide/rv180w_admin.pdf, in Page 171.

Step 1. Choose Status > Port Statistics.

Step 2. In the Poll Interval field, enter the auto-refresh time interval in seconds. The default value is 10.

Step 3. To start the display of port statistics, click Start.

This page displays the latest port statistics based on the value you enter in the Poll Interval field. For example, if you enter a poll interval value of 5, the router refreshes the information on this page every 5 seconds.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

This does NOT set the port statistics to ZERO. It just changes the refresh interval.

The reason I ask is that a few weeks ago one of our computers had a game installed that invisibly installed a P2P file sharing program. I only noticed this by looking at the WAN traffic from my ISP, and then tracing it back the computer involved.

There are several computers on my network and the port statistics let me know which one(s) are generating the WAN/LAN traffic. Once a situation is identified, it would be nice to be able to reset the port stats counters to see if the problem is resolved.

I have 2 SG300-10 switches connected to the RV180 router and they have an option to reset the port statistics counters.

The latest firmware version 1.0.2.6 now has a port statistics reset button.