Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180w Firmware update failed

Infinatedark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just tried to update the firmware on a RV180w to 1.0.2.6. I previously upgraded one on another site and it only took 5 minutes. I followed the steps and waited for it to update, the screen hadn't changed in over half an hour and I had no connectivity, I couldn't ping the router. I turned the power off and back on, and now the power and wireless lights are flashing alternately.

What can I do to fix this? I tried holding the reset button in for 20 seconds, but this hasn't helped. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Daniel, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for this inconvenience you are having but in this case it is better if you call us at SBCS, please check this link in order to get in contact with us.

One of our Engineers may be able to work with you and diagnose the root cause.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Daniel, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for this inconvenience you are having but in this case it is better if you call us at SBCS, please check this link in order to get in contact with us.

One of our Engineers may be able to work with you and diagnose the root cause.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thank you Jonathan. I called the support number and didn't have to wait too long before I was helped by a very knowledgable and courteous support staff member. My issue is now resolved.