cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Default listening port for management

bassist01
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, recently got a RV220W and liking all the configuration options.

Although I cannot find where to change the listening port for management? I want it to listen on port 81 instead of 80. It has to be in here somewhere, anyone have an idea?

Cheers,

Michael

5 Replies 5

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The port for remote management of the device can be changed at Firewall>Remote Management. On the LAN side, the device administration interface is always port 443.

I found that, but I do not want remote management. I want to change the local management port, nearly every router I have known in the past 5 years can do this...

May I know what the use case for changing the port for local administration is? As far as I know, none of Cisco Small Business routers support this option.

bassist01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a local media server that is on port 80 and use a common URL to access it from within/outside my network. So whenever I use the URL within my network, it always resolves to the router. Being able to change the local management port (to 81) will enable people to not have to worry about running services that require themselves to be on port 80.

My old router I have upgraded from could do this and it's a feature I would expect to be on nearly every router these days.

why do you need to change the port address of the Router for WebGUI access?

https://  has nothing to do with Port 80 and your media server.  sound like you have an issue with DNS. and the router just resolves the name back to itself since it doesn't know what/where your Media Server is.

if you know your Media Server IP address, then type that in your browser and see if it works.

Regards Simon