Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W loosing connection

Hi colleagues. 

I have some issues with the subj. It just blocks all traffic to/from external network. It doesn't reboot itself, it just block's everithing and in couple of minutes comes back. 

External conection is ~20Mbit/s shaped with real IP address

RV220W configured to route 3 vlan's and externl connection (with 1 vpn connection)

VLAN's:

1: main office domain network with DC, dhcp is configured on DC. 25 wired clients, 1 wifi client through hidden open SSID.

2: guest wifi network, dhcp configured on RV220, ~100 wifi clients with secured SSID.

3: video surveillance network. ~30 ip-cameras (1-5 Mpx), 1 videoserver, 1 analog video recorder with ethernet. Video server transmit 2 video streams to external service (ivideon).

RV220 is connected with eth cat5 cable to one of Catalyst 2950.

external connection is ethernet 20Mbit/s

configuration, error and warning logs, ping logs and dashboard screenshot are in attachement

7 Replies 7

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Evgeny.syromyatnikov,

I am seeing a lot of wpaAuthRecvPTKMsg2: mic check failed.  

Do you lose internet around the time your key renewal processes for your wireless clients?

If so try the following:

Try this for a test first, change your Password you are currently using and power cycle the RV220W and see if that will clear up the issue.  Additionally if you are not on the latest firmware please upgrade your RV220W to 1.0.6.6 which can be found here:  https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283118607&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.6.6&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If the above does not help please try the additional trouble shooting.

Also are you still able to get to the RV220W when you try to ping it?  Both wired and wireless?

If you can get to the gateway (RV220W) can you try to ping 8.8.8.8?  If successful try to ping www.yahoo.com.  If that fails then you might be having a DNS issue then an internet connection issues.  You could try manually setting a client to have a primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and see if this client loses connectivity at the same time as the other clients.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael D.

Hi Michael

Thanks for your answer. 

Answers to your question:

Before posting here I've changed Password on secured APN. Now I've changed it once more, but it makes no sense. 

Firmware is latest, I've updated it before asking here. I thought it would help, but it hadn't.

All ping statistics is in included logs.

WiFi key renewal interval is st to 3600 sec. but problems comes much more often. about once in 5-10 mins.

Hello Evgeny.syromyatnikov,

In the attached log ping-ext-ip.log is the the modem on your network?

If so then at least connectivity up to that point is good as we are seeing a 0% of packet loss.  Now going to 8.8.8.8 at least in your log we are seeing a 7% packet loss.  Now assuming that the 172.x.x.x address is your modem then the issue starts on your providers network or at least the public side of the modem. Going by the pings in regards to packet loss.

The other concern with the mic check failed, after changing the password and rebooting the RV220W are you still those errors?

Also what clients are experiencing the connection issues?  All users or just specific clients?  If so what devices are these clients using?  Are these clients also experiencing these issues across all VLANs or just a specific VLAN?

I look forward to the follow up.

Regards,

Michael D.

Hi 

172.... Is wan IP of rv220w

All clients experience this issue regardless of vlan or ip or type of connection. 

Thanks for the follow up.

Could you do a ping test to the next hop after the RV220W, the Default gateway of your WAN connection to see what kind of results we get there.  This will help determine if the modem is part of the problem.

Thank you,

Michael D.

I've traced path, and performed ping to different hops from trace. all logs are in attachement

Thank you for the follow up.

From what I can see and its is consistent across all the pings in the new attachment that from the modem to the cloud you get a period of 11 request timed out at generally the same time.  However you do not lose any of this communication on the local LAN.

I recommend you get your Internet service provider to trouble shoot from the modem to the cloud as it looks like that is where the issue begins for your internet disruption.

I hoped this helped in isolating your issue.  If you have any other question please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Michael D.