cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Navigation Bar not showing

erickkeays
Level 1
Level 1

I logged into my RV220W to backup the config before we upgrade our network and for some reason the navigation bar is not showing on the left, all that is showing there is Change Password, which does nothing when I click on it. The links on the Getting Started page (i.e. Initial Settings-Configure WAN) do take me to the associated link but I can not get to any of the settings I need such as Administration etc.

Has anyone encountered this or know how to resolve it.  I have tried different browsers and get the same result. 

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Erick,

did you try with another browser ? if yes ensure you have a latest firmware 1.0.4.17 if yes try to upgrade again the same firmware version 1.0.4.17

And try again to access to web interface

Thanks

Mehdi

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Erick,

Are you logged as Administrator to the router. Check what it sais in the brackets next to the login name, once you are logged in, on the right top corner.

Also, try opening with Internet Explorer and see if you have the compatibility icon, next to the address bar, and click on it

Regards,

Kremena

Hi Krem,

Yes I logged in as an Admin, with two different Admin accounts and I get the same result on both accounts, no side bar other than the Change Password which does nothing. Yes I have tried three different Browsers, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome again all with same result using a Mac, and I have even tried two different computers as well.

I did log in as a user with limited access and that account does get a sidebar with VPN Tunnel, Port Forwarding, and Change Password as it should, but those are the only options so I'm not able to make any other changes to users, backup etc.

Hi Mehdi,

I am using Firmware 10.4.6 and was hoping to not have to upgrade to reslove until I can make sure I am able to backup my latest config file as EVERY time I have updated the firmware something in the config has broken (PPTP, Remote Admin etc.) and then I'd have to go to Level 2 support and 3 times they have had to make changes to the firmware and send me Beta versions to resolve the new issue, and now that my Phone Support has expired I'd like to leave the firmware update as a last resort, so any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Again, Thanks in Advance,

Erick

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

To rule out any computer issues, I'd download Lightweight Portable Security

http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm) and run it on a couple of computers and try to log in.  If you can, then you've got some gunk on your systems that's probably spreading to your network too.

Otherwise, I'd try physically pulling the plug on the router and then plugging it back in.  The only other thing that may have happenned is some sort of firmware corruption.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

mbest0001
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same problem with our clients router (RV220W). Tried different browsers, certificates, trusted sites. Simple solution: power down the router and anything attached to it. Wait a few minutes, power up the router and attachments. Navigation pane is restored.

I.T Consultants