cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Router VPN

fineartbrokers
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a video or manual for a RV220W Router so I can set up the VPN. Videos for other router are incorrect for this one as the user side of the software has different displays. Any ideas where to find it?

9 Replies 9

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

What type of VPN are you trying to setup?

The switch supports three types:

1- PPTP

2- IPSec via Quick VPN (For Windows XP - Windows 7)

3- IPSec VPN (Site to site to connect to another router)

Please let us know, I'm not sure there are videos available but we do have several documents on it.

Thank you for the information it is a little light reading. I am needing to set up a Site to Site    (IPSec VPN ). I need to have off site access for two other sites. While I have some skill I have never setup a VPN.

Are the routers on the other locations same as this one?

No

Hello fineartbrokers,

I am following up to see if you have an update on this issue?  If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Thank you,

Michael D.

We did have service, Yes they were very helpfull.

We used the Quick VPN for the remote sites, and how to setup on the VPN Client Setting Table. 

Thank you Everyone for you help and directions

fineartbrokers,

Thank you for the follow up and I am glad our feedback helped in resolving your issue.  If you can please rate or mark the correct answer as it will be helpful for others that may also be experiencing this issue.

Regards,

Michael D.

Hello fineartbrokers,

Thank you for the follow up.  What are the two remote routers going to be?

If they are not Cisco routers we can assist/recommend to set up the RV220W side of the tunnels first and then have the remote routers match the RV220W in regards to the encryption and timers for the tunnels.

If your RV220W is still under warranty you can contact Cisco Support and we can assist with the setup or if you have specific questions we can answer them here.

At this time it looks like you have to configure two tunnels one for each site on the RV220W.  If you have any questions in regards to this please let us know.

Regards,

Michael D.

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello fineartbrokers,

Here is the admin guide:  

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv220w/administration/guide/rv220w_ag_78-19743.pdf

Starting here:  Chapter 6: Configuring Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and Security 106  will give you the information for the VPN configurations usable on the RV220W.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Michael D.