cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 firmware 1.3.1.10 - NO RELEASE NOTES???

aforster.home
Level 1
Level 1

I just noticed Cisco released version 1.3.1.10 for rv320 and rv325, but the release notes and open source documentation ARE NOT in the Release Notes page at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/products-release-notes-list.html

Could someone please take a look?  How come we would upgrade the device without any documentation about this new release?

Thank you.

63 Replies 63

We are very disappointed with your level of support.

Some summary statistics:

1) Andrew opened his owned TAC case (those of us like me could not do it or do not know how to do it) about firmware on 25th of April.

2) on 28th of April Andrew published response from TAC: " Cisco site and work is in progress and will restore the updated firmware version by next 3 to 4 weeks"

so it be, 4 weeks means the end of May.

3) on 15th of June Martin Glenn said: "but should be released in the next couple of weeks"

So from the time of opened TAC case 25th of April you CISCO publicly promise the new release of firmware. We are really waitting for it.

4) Today is 6th of July, and firmware is nowhere and your promises seems to be just promises, at least it looks like.

How much time do you leave your cases opened and unsolved ? I think people should count it and make statistics of your support performance. It is really interesting and it should be compaired with your competition.

We are very disappointed with your level of support.

Same things happened to me, Have Rv325 upgradted to 1.3.1 because cisco ramdomly freeze and now no VPN possible with more than 1 user ! Had headache because of you CISCO Team !

I downgraded to 1.2.1.14

Here is the team supposing to support Cisco community.

I am also worried since I am running that code as well. I hope CISCO will release some announcement regarding this.

There is also no information what happens if we downgrade?!

I downgraded an RV325 and device parameters were reset back to factory default values ...

@ D_A_N_I_E_L_74 which firmware did you choose ? 1.2.1.14 or 1.1.1.19 Which is more stable ? Regards

I use v1.2.1.14 (2015-08-13, 14:21:24).

Merci, I will try

I don't now...1.2.1.14 have a randomly rebooting issue with EasyVPN. May be 1.1.1.19 will be better? What are you thinking?

I have tried EasyVPN with 1.1.1.19 and it didn't perform well either. For good or bad I decided to keep running with the 1.3.1.10 because of a couple of reasons:

• On the release notes (sadly I erased them) I have read that with this version cisco addressed a memory leak issue with mdnsd
  • There is the OpenVPN alternative which I managed to start using
  • Last but not least because I don't want to bother my office with disconnections for yet another up/downgrade.

I suffer from the issue that the control panel cannot stop PPTP and I handle it by blocking PPTP connections with the firewall just in case.

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

davidly94300, we are working diligently to a replacement release out.. Due to some crash issued encountered we have to address them which pushes the releae out.

I will keep you posted here on status.

Glenn,

Since Cisco is taking such a long time to fix it, can we expect a new firmware that fixes all issues we've been reporting for such a long time and you guys didnt even take the time to reply?

Examples:

Constant router freezes, interface freezes: multiple topics on these problems..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12599471/auto-negociation-messages-kernel-rv320-when-forced-100-full

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12514621/rv320-freezes-and-must-restart

Awful security issue on VPN implementation:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12572006/big-security-issue-rv320s-vpn-implementation

I am joining to this request too. Is it really posible to do it something good for end users, Cisco ?

Could you "Cisco" really after 1 year pay attention what aforster.home wrote to you almost 1 year ago ?

I will consolidate the issues listed in the above posts and make sure Engineering has visibility. I do know that crash, Freeze are part of the current defects being addressed, I'll verify if auto-negotiation is as well..