Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Locked

botelho
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!
I'm using a RV325 Router with 20 days of use. The device has stopped and the PWR and VPN lights flash and the DIAG, USB1 and USB2 lights are on, I can not reset the machine. Is there any way to solve or is this a problem for RMA?

1 Reply 1

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Botelho,

I am sorry you are having this inconvenience with the router, but let me give you some ideas about how to solve this.

You will need to do a firmware recovery.

1. Install TFTPD64 or TFTPD32 depending on your operating system
  2. Download the latest firmware version 1.4.2.19

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284005929/type/282465789/release/1.4.2.19?i=!pp

1. Set up an static IP on the computer within the same subnet that the router IP ex. 192.168.1.10
  2. Make sure you are able to ping the router IP from the computer
  3. Please see screenshot how to set up the tftp software and then just hit "put" and wait for the upload.

* screenshot attached

6. if this does not work you will need to do a Factory reset prior to the steps above (keep in mind that you lose the configuration on the device)

Step 1. Power off the RV325.

Step 2. Hold in the "RESET" button and then turn on the router.

Step 3. Wait for few seconds till you have Led DIAG in Solid RED, Led Power and VPN Solid Green .

Step 4. Release the reset button.

If this steps are still not working please give us a call to 1866-606-1866 so we can open a case and help you with this and we will determine if this is a hardware failure or not. 

Thank you for contacting cisco support community.

Regards,