Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 , NAT 1:1 and Dyn DNS

I have a RV325 that connects multiple internal machines to the internet.  My external connection uses dyndns.  I'm trying to map each machine to a specific port range using the NAT 1:1 table combined with port forwarding.  The problem is what do I use for my external address in the NAT table?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry you are having issues with your device.

First of all, in order to answer your question I would like to know if you have multiple public ip addresses given to you by your ISP. I would also like to know what is the end goal, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Why did you decide to use 1-1 NAT?

Please let us know so that we can help.

My isp doesn't give me a static ip, therefore the DynDNS.  Once a connection is made I want to direct it to several servers, each with its own internal ip address that perform distinct tasks.  The machines also pass through a cisco switch (sf100).

Thank you for the answer.

In this case you won't need to use the one to one NAT feature but just the port forwarding feature. 

Here is an article that explains how to configure the port forwarding on this router series:

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=edd62db30afb43c8a1a2cca1c7959022_Port_Forwarding_and_Port_Triggering_on_RV320_Router.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=4&dispid=0&cpage=search

I hope this helps.