cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 to RV325 VPN Tunnel using dyndns for one device not connecting

dennis.carlson1
Level 1
Level 1

The VPN tunnel is not connecting when one router has a dyndns name.

• Two RV325 routers, latest firmware 1.1.1.19, in different locations

• One has a fixed IP, one is using dyndns and successfully updates to dyndns 

• The fixed IP router can resolve the dyndns name and display the remote router gateway address, but not connect the VPN tunnel

• The dyndns router is behind an Actiontec router

• The routers connect when using fixed class B IP addresses

• The fixed IP router  remote Group Setup is configured like this:

• Remote Security Gateway: IP Only (I have tried other settings)
    • IP By DNS Resolved: @xxx.dyndns.xxx ( I have tried without the @)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I would like to see the screen shots for the configuration on both routers, but without them, my best advice is to do the following:

ON THE RV325 THAT IS USING THE DYNDNS:

Edit the VPN tunnel configuration and make sure that the "Local Security Gateway Type" is configured as IP only, not as anything else.

Now, you seem to have the right configuration for the other router in any case it should look like this: 

• Remote Security Gateway: IP Only (This is the right setting)
  • IP By DNS Resolved: xxx.dyndns.xxx (The DNS name without the @ symbol is the right way)

If this is the way you have it setup right now, then please provide screenshots of the system summary page as well as the VPN configuration on both.

If you have any other configuration, then please try this and let us know if it works.

I hope this helps

dennis.carlson1
Level 1
Level 1

cchamorr,

Thank you for verifying my RV325 settings. There seems to be a problem in the network connections between sites or RV325 devices. DDNS will not properly resolve from the data center RV325, but does resolve on the local internal network. I will investigate further and update the post.

Thank you for the reply.

Please let us know what you find out

Hello, 

I just wanted to touch base with you and see if you were able to get your issue resolved.

Please let us know

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

To get this working, you will need to put the dyndns router into the actiontec's dmz and then try again.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com