cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv325 WAN access in Router Mode

nczabaranek
Level 1
Level 1

Having some issues getting my RV325 setup as a lab router behind my Wireless Gateway WAN router. I've setup the RV325 in Router mode, with all my vLANS and all connections on LAN ports (everything internal works). I want to be able to route out to the internet from the RV325 but it won't let me put a default route to my WAN router IP (just says invalid network mask) in it's static routing table.

Is there another preferred way of doing this? It's pretty unfortunate that it artificially blocks certain network masks. If not, looks like I'm returning it for another brand.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

vinarumu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello  Nicholas,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community centre.

I hope you are doing well. I am really sorry for inconvenience caused and delay in response. Please change he Dynamic Routing working mode to “Gateway” under  Setup à Advance routing. Make sure RV325 WAN IP is not in its own LAN range (192.168.1.X, 2.X, 3.X), if WAN and LAN IP are on same range, please change LAN range. If you need to configure static route, Destination IP: Subnetwork address of the remote LAN segment. For a Class C IP domain, the network address is the first three fields of the Destination LAN IP; the last field should be 0. Subnet Mask (IPv4 only): Subnetwork mask used on the destination LAN IP domain. For Class C IP domains, the subnet mask is typically 255.255.255.0. Default Gateway: IP address of the router of last resort.

Please reach out our SBSC team and raise service request to proceed further.

You can contact our SBSC team via chat with the help of below links:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4841/online-chat-support

Regards,

VINOTHKUMAR