cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325: what are the equivalent of EasyVPN settings for a manually created Group VPN?

privatecis
Level 1
Level 1

If one wants to set up a Group VPN (or even Tunnel) by hand, using the exact same settings as EasyVPN as a starting point, is that possible? What settings should be used in GroupVPN that are identical to what EasyVPN does? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

vinarumu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community centre.

EasVPN and Group VPN/Tunnel involves different configuration. I have shared you a document on how to configure EasyVPN and GroupVPN on Shrewsoft VPN client. Hope that helps you in configuring.

Please reach out our SBSC team and raise service request to proceed further.

You can contact our SBSC team via chat with the help of below links:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4841/online-chat-support

Yes, I got your docs, what I'm asking is whether EasyVPN is the same as setting up Group/Tunnel VPN with certain settings (e.g. AES-256, MD5, etc.), or is it completely different? They are all IPSec, so I would think it should be possible to set up a Group/Tunnel VPN by hand that looks like EasyVPN. Is that not the case?

Hi,

It is different. In GroupVPN you can configure or change the encryption manullay under phase1 and 2, but on EasyVPN you cannot change it. Once you create EasyVPN tunnel it will be set to AES/MD5, that will be visible under Summary. 

I understand that. But what settings does EasyVPN really use for Phase1 and Phase2? Can you please post the details what the settings really are? All I can see in the GUI is AES/MD5 but no further details. Is it AES-128? AES-256?

From what I understand MD5 is not recommended, so I'd like equivalent EasyVPN settings for Group VPN so that I can use SHA1 instead and AES-256. I'd like to use the EasyVPN settings as a starting point and tweak from there. Perhaps it's more clear now what I'm looking for. Thanks.