cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 firewall rules dont work

Luke85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i'm having problems in setting firewall rules on a RV340 Dual Wan Router.

I simply cant select the "Destination Address" in the Access rules configuration page.

Anything different from "Any" for this choice, lead to a grey "Apply" button, so i cant set the rule.

You can see an example from the image.

I have latest firmware installed, tried to reboot and also to make the configuration after a complete reset of the router, nothing works.

Am i missing something important or is this feature not available in RV340?

Thank you in advance for your help.

11 Replies 11

kevyen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Luke85,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums! My name is Kevin, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support community. 

I just wanted to make sure I understand your issue, is the grey "Apply" button happening when you typed in an IP address in the fields when selecting a different choice from "Any" in the "Destination Address"? 

Can you make sure that your IP range is from a lower to higher range? You will continue to see a grey "Apply" button if the IP range is not valid. 

Example of valid IP range: 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.5

Example of invalid IP range: 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.0 - This will continue to show the grey "Apply" button as it is not a valid IP range.

If you want, you could send me a private message with your configuration for this page and I can take a look at it. 

Best, 

Kevin 

Good Afternoon, I have the same problem...

before i upgraded to version "1.0.03.16" the rule worked but due to instability issues with my internet links i ended up updating the firmware the issues with the instability stopped however my firewall rules are no longer working. I had several erased them all to make sure there wasn't something wrong with them, and I recreated and tested one of each. But they do not apply. How to proceed? Attached is the image with the created rule.

Sincerely, Viniciusacl firewall.png

hello guys,

I discovered the problem, it was just my mistake, I was not saying "All Traffic" so the rule basically did not apply. That is, my bad;
Thank you anyway.
Best regards Vinicius.

hello guys,

I discovered the problem, it was just my mistake, I was not saying "All Traffic" so the rule basically did not apply. That is, my bad;
Thank you anyway.
Best regards Vinicius.

Hi!

Sorry about my English.

In my case, when having block an internal access, the firewall does not work (vlan to vlan).
Follows the configuration I made.
Thanks

If the traffic is in the same VLAN using the same IP subnet the firewall will not work as the traffic is switched on layer 2 and will not be inspected bu the router on layer 3. The router has a built in switch.

Firewall will work between VLAN1 and VLAN2 for example.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should look like this in Firmware version 1.0.3.15:

2019-09-25_16-51-04.png

Hello, thank you so much was exactly that.

Regards

Hi, I have an issue with access rules, I want to define port forwarding with access rule to make it limit with a single ip address but it shows the port open to the public. 

If you leave the port forward enabled, it will remain open to the public. The issue I have found is that removing the port forward and adding a firewall access rule for the same service port does not function. I reset my router and reconfigured it from scratch, but the access rule still does not work (even if I open up the rule for Source Address to "Any" vs my specific single IP).

I figured out the fix and the way the port forward and access rules integrate. After you create the public / open port forward, you have to create an access rule to deny everyone and then another to allow the single IP you want to use it.

In my tested / working cfg, the allow rule was placed above the deny rule in the access rules list, with the port forward-created (not editable) rule below them in the priority sequence.