cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Firmware 1.0.03.24 Blocks Access to Synology NAS

vladlevin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Synology 1019+ NAS behind an RV340.  The NAS is also configured as a RADIUS server for the RV340.  I upgraded firmware on the RV340 many times in the past without any issues, but after upgrading it to the 1.0.03.24 version I could no longer access the Synology NAS remotely (I was able to access it from the LAN) and RADIUS authentication for client-to-site VPN connection failed (site-to-site tunnels worked) even though all settings were intact on both devices (I verified that nothing was changed).  Once I reverted the RV340 back to 1.0.03.22 everything started working again.  I've tried upgrading another RV340 to 1.0.03.24 at a different site with the same setup and got the same result.  Any suggestions?  Firmware bug?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

if you are experienced same output for 2 places, this can be a bug/change in firmware. better contact TAC.

rate and mark as answer, if this helps

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I've opened a case with TAC. Thanks.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...RADIUS authentication for client-to-site VPN connection failed

Check the radius logs, check if you can find anomalies.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

CitNetGuy
Level 1
Level 1

It is a firmware bug. It kind of makes you wonder if anyone tested it.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/new-firmware-1-0-03-24-for-rv340w/m-p/4500067#M42278