Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - unable to login to admin portal

PlyrStar93
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to login to the RV340 admin interface lately but it doesn't work. No matter I enter the correct password or the wrong password, the icon next to the login button just keeps spinning indefinitely. If I click on the username field in the meantime, the icon disappears but nothing else really happens.

Some other details:

• I have RV340 in two locations and the routers and both of them are having the same issue
  • Both routers are less than 6 months old
  • Tried multiple browsers, incl. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari (iOS), none have worked
  • Firmware is either 1.0.03.18 or 1.0.03.20

Has this happened to anyone, and how did you guys solve it?

rv340.png

57 Replies 57

Me funcionó quitando el "-NA" del PID. Muchas gracias por subir la solución!!

Hi @al3xclarke !

That´s work fine!
Thank you!!

Note: remove the NA when rename the image.

Me salvou! Estava tudo funcionando, mas precisava acessar, não tinha visto esse poste e aí fiz um reset no qual continuava sem acesso com loop infinito, foi essa dica que consegui acessar e reconfigurar! Parabéns pela contribuição! Funcionou perfeito no rv345

I have successfully recovered 3 dead units using the USB method, One defaulted to factory settings, the other 2 came back with everything intact. I generally keep configs on the routers I deploy so it wasn't an issue. Good Luck 

raymondnichols
Level 1
Level 1

I found this on the Cisco site and it worked on my RV340 login spinning issue.

"Hello
You have to restore the firmware backup. After that, the login goes on, but appears an spinning wheel.
Here the steps:
Automatic Firmware Fallback Method:
#1 . Turn ON - wait 5 seconds - turn OFF - wait 5 seconds
#2: Turn ON - wait 5 seconds - turn OFF - wait 5 seconds
#3: Turn ON - wait 5 seconds - turn OFF - wait 5 seconds
#4: Turn ON - wait 5 seconds - turn OFF - wait 5 seconds
#5: Turn ON - wait 5 seconds - turn OFF - wait 5 seconds
#6: Turn ON - let the router boot up"

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

Please be advised, PSIRT has released a notice that ties into this issue:

RV340 Series Small Business routers (PSIRT Notice) Fix for CSCwc53007- RV34x GUI not accessible –  The recommended fix is to upgrade to firmware version 1.0.03.29 but follow details in the PSIRT notice.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Not sure if this vulnerability would have been the reason why the GUI broke on certain units (as the SA states "The attacker must have valid administrator credentials" and our credentials are definitely not in the wild).

Either way, it time to roll out the updates!

Take a look at the post by Martin Aleksandrov on 08-31-2022 05:12 AM that says to turn on, wait 30 seconds, turn off and repeat 5 times.  After at least 10 months of off and on trying to address this problem, I finally found THAT POST among this thread.  I did it, and I'll be damned!  It worked!!!

Now, mind you, this was something I tried on our backup RV345 router that I was unable to access even after factory resetting it at least 8 times.  After each time, I'd get the login page, but upon entering credentials, I'd get the spinning icon. I did not attempt this yet on our in production router.

Therefore, I don't know if doing that on an already configured RV345 router will reset that router to factory default thus losing your settings, so proceed with caution.  I had a configuration backup which I successfully restored to the backup RV345 router once I was able to access the admin page.  Good luck to all!  Thanks again to Martin Aleksandrov-Cisco Employee, who suggested this fix back on 8-31-2022.

Here is an update.  I just tried the method in my previous post on my in use router, and it WORKED and I DID NOT lose the configuration.

uttamsingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

please help me to resolve this issue , i am getting this error while accessing the web page

uttamsingh_0-1692762779739.png

Hi UttamSingh,

I've never seen the device return a login screen such as this. When you inspect the page and check the console, are there any errors logged there?

No only this error..it's showing.

Get Outlook for Android<>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.

Looks like there was supposed to be a screenshot, can you resend please?