cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 VPN client to site options do not work

falter
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying for 3 days to get any of the VPN client to site options on our RV340 to work.  I have tried SSL VPN, L2TP,  Client to Site... I have followed the directions provided by Cisco but there is no response at all when I try to connect from outside.  The only thing I can see in the logs occasionally is this msg when I try to connect using SSL VPN (any connect client v4.9):

log_sslvpnac: facility=SslVpn;msg=ERROR sslserver.c.2740[76F7A300] sslserver_init: Error setting

Am I missing something?  Is there a firewall/access rule I'm supposed to do before following the VPN setup?  Is it possible my ISP is blocking things?  I wouldn't think it should be this hard.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

suggest make a simulated network at home if you suspect ISP, most of the ISP do not do block.

Do you see any Logs  on RV  while user try to connect :

here is guide some reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5553-configure-anyconnect-virtual-private-network-vpn-connectivit.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes I don't think it's the ISP either.. but I'm at a loss.. literally no VPN options work - if I try SSL VPN and use anyconnect and go to myip:8443 it just says could not connect to server.  If I leave out the 8443, it comes up with a certificate error saying the cert doesn't match the server name, and is from an untrusted source.. if I say Connect Anyway, it just says connection attempt has failed.

I see nothing on the logs when a user is actually trying to connect.  only that occasional message I posted earlier.