Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 error: Webfilter: BCAP server error (705): Invalid RTU version

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On my RV345 I am getting daily errors below about the webfilter.  I have tried toggling it off and on which resolved for a short while but the error came back so I am not sure what is causing the failure.  I have allowed connections to brightcloud.com and I am using the latest firmware.  There were similar errors in other threads but none matched this so I need help resolving.

<error>Webfilter: BCAP server error (705): Invalid RTU version

Regards.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@cybergrl74 

@EvanC75 

Hi both,

Please make sure you run 1.0.03.21, set the correct time on the RV, clear the logs and provide a new clean one.

Thanks

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Evan,

Have you upgraded the firmware to the latest 1.0.03.21?

What is your license state on the RV?

Does your web filtering work as expected and you get the latest antivirus signatures?

Regards,

Martin

Yes I am on the latest firmware 1.0.03.21.  Also, when you say license state, do you mean status?  Right now the registration status says registered and authorization status says authorized.  IPS and AV show last updated on 5/31/21.  I have also noticed that sometimes bcap15.brightcloud.com does not respond.  I did test the web filter at a test site and it appeared to work.

Regards.

Hello Evan,

Thank you for your prompt reply! One more question though, where are you located? We will need to know the region it is coming from so we can further escalate.

Strange enough this problem has been fixed and the root cause was a webroot server issue. 

Thanks,

Martin

I am in Missouri, United States.  Thanks!

Regards.

I have this exact same issue. What's the fix please?

Hi, 

What is the region you're located in? Will need to know that so we can escalate.

Thanks

@cybergrl74 

@EvanC75 

Hi both,

Please make sure you run 1.0.03.21, set the correct time on the RV, clear the logs and provide a new clean one.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay on this, the system never notified me of a reply.  I set the time manually on the router, I just noticed that NTP was setting it an hour behind for some reason even though DST is enabled.  I also updated the firmware to 1.0.03.22.  Sorry I don't know how to clear the logs, I checked every page in the web portal but I didn't see any such setting.  Also, what do you mean provide a clean one?  I have not done that before either so I just wanted to make sure I would provide the correct information.

Regards.

@Martin Aleksandrov  - I was able to manually set the time on the router.  NTP was causing it to be an hour behind even with correct DST setting. Once I did that the errors went away.  Thanks!

Regards.

I am glad it is working now!

Martin

I don’t believe this, but some how some way, after several days of no error, right after I said it was fixed, moments later, I get email notification of the invalid btu version.  Sigh…this thing has a mind of its own.

Regards.

NLO56933
Level 1
Level 1

I receive the same message everyday.  Is this something to do with the licenses?  Does anyone know what this message means?