cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 - lag

jstanworth
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to setup up a LAG between my RV345 and an SG300.

The user guide tells me to select these ports on the lag management under the GUI and press apply.  I do this but then the chosen ports are unselected (as if nothing has been chosen).  The manual states changes here will overide all other settings.

Am I doing something wrong?  How do I create this LAG?

Since the RV345 does not use LACP how will the  traffic be managed between the two devices?

4 Replies 4

Hi,

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/rv345-and-lacp-802-3ad/td-p/3350074 check this

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi

I've seen this link. So let's work with this.

"configuration on Cisco side because there is only a simple option to add an interface to Link Aggregation interface. Under LAN->Port settings->Link Aggregation Configuration Table. Just add LAN2 through LAN4 to LAG1 interface and click "Apply". "

So yes - this is what I've done as per the user guide. However, as I said, this does not work.  Once I've selected the members, and hit apply - the members I've selected are deslected (i.e., the buttons just go back to as they were before I touched them.  The buttons are in one row.  No button corresponds to the first LAG).  What is up? Why?

Could you help me understand what is meant by the following part ofthe post?  Both my router and switch are Cisco so that should be easier.  I've read this a number of times and it makes no sense to me  (e.g., what is ge-0/0/0?).  Please also note the writer is asking the same question as I am -- how is this traffic being managed? (See - any explanations would be appreciated). 

delete interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 <- can't have this subinterface (in Cisco language) configured
delete interfaces ge-0/0/1 unit 0

set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count 2 <- just stating how many "ae" interfaces you want to create. I will be using "ae1" for my testing.

set interfaces ge-0/0/3 ether-options 802.3ad ae1
set interfaces ge-1/0/3 ether-options 802.3ad ae1<- this is the confusing part, 802.3ad is LACP but RV340 doesn't speak LACP. I guess this just statically adds the physical ports to the aggregation one. (any explanations would be appreciated).

I now have an e-mail from Cisco asking if this answered my question.

Well clearly not.

So perhaps Cisco you could drop by and answer something you know the answer to instead of handing it off to the "community".

Eagerly awaiting a real answer

Screwed?