cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 No DHCP other than VLAN1

wilesj042
Level 1
Level 1

How do you change the VLAN settings on the RV345 so that the DHCP will assign IP Addresses? Currently the only way to connect a device is to have them all on VLAN 1. I attempted to create VLAN2 using LAN5 with the following settings. VLAN1 has default settings (192.168.1.1 / 24) and only the Lan excluded is LAN5.

VLAN ID: 2
NAME: VLAN2
Inter-VLAN Routing: Enabled
Device Management: Disabled
IPV4 Address/mask: 192.168.2.1 / 30
Ports assigned: LAN5 , Untagged . All other ports Excluded. 
DHCP: Range 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.3

With these settings the router will register that a device is plugged into LAN5 in the "Port Traffic" tab but will show nothing in "Connected Devices". I am able to ping VLAN2 192.168.2.1, but nothing is being assigned an IP address. Any ideas on what i'm not configuring? 
3 Replies 3

Lee Cox
Level 2
Level 2

Maybe you want to use a /24 mask instead of a /30 which is a point to point network especially if you are going to use DHCP on the network on VLAN2.

kcaporaso
Level 1
Level 1

wilesj042,

I had a similar issue, but finally got it figured it out.

My settings for my second VLAN differ somewhat from yours so see take a look and try it.

Keep in mind if you don't get this right you can lock yourself out of your router.

Firmware: 1.0.01.18

VLAN ID: 16

Inter-VLAN Routing: Enabled

Device Management: Enabled

IPV4 mask: 10.0.0.1/24

I wanted that VLAN16 on LAN4, LAN8

See the screen shot as to how I set my Tagging/Untagging per LAN PORT.

Don't forget to set up the DHCP on the LAN/DHCP page (also screenshot)

So, now any device I put on LAN4, LAN8 will get a 10.0.0.100-150 IP Address.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

IvanIvanov44921
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.
I have Cisco RV345P router with 16 LAN and 2 WAN ports (latest firmware 1.0.03.20). Internet connected to WAN1.
16 LAN ports are used to connect network devices at home (PC, wifi hotspot, NAS, TV, etc). All this is inside VLAN1 with DHCP (192.168.1.0/24) (default router settings). Port forwarding and DHCP binding (IP <=> MAC) are working correctly.
Recently, i bought network video recorder (NVR) and it has appeared on the network, which needs to be made available from the internet. This is easily done through port forwarding. The NVR can do DHCP and in this mode it correctly obtains IP from DHCP binging.
The NVR is Chinese and can potentially have vulnerabilities that in the future will become known to a wide range of people (i.e. someone can hack the NVR over internet, get root, change the MAC address of the device, roam devices from VLAN1 as a member of this network and watch photos of cats on the NAS).
To protect the local network VLAN1 from potential intrusion into it through the NVR on the router, i created VLAN2 with DHCP (192.168.5.0/24), configured DHCP binding for the NVR, the LAN port to which the NVR is connected made Excluded for VLAN1 and Untagged for VLAN2 (all others ports - Untagged for VLAN1 and Excluded for VLAN2), configured port forwarding to a new IP in VLAN2, which was previously bindable for NVR and expected that now the NVR will be accessible from the Internet and will not be accessible from VLAN1.
Unfortunately, it didn't work that way. If i disable DHCP binding, then the NVR generally received a random IP from the VLAN1 range via DHCP (although, in my opinion, this LAN port is rigidly assigned to VLAN2 and the router cannot issue IP from VLAN1). If i enable DHCP binding on one of the IPs from VLAN2, then no one appeared on this port (which IP the NVR received via DHCP is unknown, but port forwarding to IP from dhcp bingind does not work - the device does not become available from the Internet).
All router settings are made via the WEB interface (not the console).
Tell me, please, do i have a wrong idea of ​​how the network works (cisco, vlan, dhcp, etc) or have i misconfigured something?
Thank you for attention.
Sincerely.