Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P homekit hue philips vlans - not working

isove70954
Level 1
Level 1

HI 

there is a wat to configure rv345p for IoT vlan and appletv in the other vlan , working ?

I cant see HUE in homekit , lets say vlan3= IoT and vlan2=appletv 

Bonjour is enabled on both vlans

Thank you 

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5479-configure-a-virtual-local-area-network-vlan-settings-on-an-r.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

isove70954
Level 1
Level 1

I read and I know how to create a vlan , setup, But still not work ! 

- If things not work, then describe why it does not work , show settings configured  (e.g.)  , describe  behavior experienced (e.g.) , say what you want (e.g.) , show logs (e.g.) ,                       etc....

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Sure  

So , I have HUE bridge conected to rv345p on vlan 3 , and appleTv is on vlan 2.

HUE - vlan3

Appletv- vlan2

Inter vlan routing - selected on both vlans 

Discovery-Bonjour - enabled on both vlans

so if Im going on vlan2 and I cant see HUE from HUE app, and also I cant use my lights from Homekit 

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

1. Suppose on RV345:

a) the vlan2 ipaddr configured is 192.168.2.1/24

b) the vlan3 ipaddr configured is 192.168.3.1/24

2. Now if you have connected the host running "hue-app" to vlan2, AND suppose its connected to LAN2 port

- now check that

a) its having a ipaddr in the vlan2 subnet 192.168.2.x/24 

AND

b) In the vlan settings on RV345, test with setting the LAN2 port as untagged for vlan2 only, and all other 15 lan ports as "tagged" for vlan2

- this is to be done in case your host (running the hue-app) and connected to lan2 port is not capable configuring a tagged-vlan2 on its nic, and therefore expected that the lan2 port should be untagged

c) also check that the "default gateway ipaddr" configured on this host (running the hue-app) is 192.168.2.1

d) Now check by pinging to 192.168.2.1 from this host. It should be successful

3.. You have connected the "Hue-Bridge" which has a ethernet-lan-port on it to vlan3,AND LETS ASSUME THAT THIS IS CONNECTED TO LAN3 port of this RV345P

so check

a) That the hue-bridge is confgured with a ipaddr in vlan3 subnet such as 192.168.3.x/24

AND

b) In the vlan settings page on RV345, test with setting the LAN3 port as untagged for vlan3 only, and all other 15 lan ports as "tagged" for vlan3

- this is to be done in case your hue-bridge connected to lan3 port is not capable configuring a tagged-vlan3 on its nic, and therefore expected that the lan3 port should be untagged

c) very importantly, check that this hue-bridge is also configured with the "default-gateway ipaddr" of 192.168.3.1

4. Have you also added any acl rules in firewall, for denying traffic between vlan2/vlan3....better to double-check, and delete it if any present

Ok Im lost :)) 

So its very easy :

I have a router and I create Vlan2 192.168.2.1/24 dhcp server - here is Appletv ( HUB for all my IoT in the house like HUE , Netatmo, etc ) 

I have vlan3 192.168.3.1/24 - where HUE Bridge is connected to . Is LAN1 (in LAN2 is Ikea smart ) 

I checked HUE bridge and is get 192.168.3.x 

Apple tv get 192.168.2.x

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi

In the vlan settings page, in the vlan-to-port table, wherever you have set "E"(Excluded), change it to "T" (tagged). All other settings remain the same.

next apply & save

Now you check the access frm various devices in your lan network

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Again, double check the default gateway ipaddrs for the respective vlans in the devices/host connected in lan (thru the dhcp server)

Now you check the access frm various devices in your lan network

As such looking at your screenshots, there is nothing that would be preventing the intervlan routing on the RV345.i still believe that the devices/hosts/hub/hue-bridge are not configured properly

I checked and ip address is 192.168.3.111 , gateway 192.168.3.1

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Ok lets trace this out logically by checking how the traffic/packet will flow 

So lets look at the lan-side connectivity of RV345...we can ignore its wan connectivity (it obviously connected to internet)

Your present vlan-settings and config is:

vlan2-ports(untagged): LAN-4/5/6/7/8/14/15

- so iam assuming the Apple-TV HUB is connected as untagged to one of the vlan2 ports mentioned, lets say its connected to LAN4

vlan3-ports(untagged): LAN-1/2

- as you mentioned, the Hue-Hub gw is connected to LAN1 port

So now, there is an issue of traffic not flowing between vlan3 and vlan2 devices. And therefore if we look at the connectivity of the devices mentioned by you, it is something like below:

device1---[hue-hub](192.168.3.111)--vlan3---lan1[rv345]lan4----vlan2---(192.168.2.4)[AppleTV]---device2

So the questions that get raised are:

1 Are you trying to communicate between the Hue-Hub and AppTV themselves?

- In this case since hue-hub has an ipaddr 192.168.3.111 and its DefGw is set to 192.168.3.1, it can and it will be able to communicate to the AppleTV which has the ipaddr 192.168.2.4 and its DefGw is set to 192.168.2.1

2. So the next query that would be raised is -

a) Are you trying to communicate between Device2 and Hue-Hubgw?

b) Are you trying to communicate between Device1 and AppleTV?

c) Are you trying to communicate between Device1 (connected to Hue-Hub)  and Device2 (connected to AppleTV)?

3. So the followup query to point2 above is 

a) Is the device1 connected to Hue-Hub (and NOT RV345 directly) configured with ipaddress in 192.168.3.x subnet? I dont think so.

- so what is the subnet of the device1?

b) Is the device2 connected to AppleTV (and not RV345 directly) configured with ipaddr in 192.168.2.x subnet? I dont think so

- so what is the subnet of the device2?

4. If the subnet of device2 connected behind AppleTV is lets say for example 172.16.1.0/24,  then

a) the device2 ipaddr configured should be 172.16.1.x/24 with DefGw ipaddr 172.16.1.1 (which would be the AppleTV address on the interface connecting to the devices

b) AND ON RV345 you will need to add a static-route (in the Routing page) as below:

172.16.1.0 / 255.255.255.0/ 192.168.2.4 / vlan2

5. If the subnet of device1 connected behind Hue-Hub is lets say for example 172.16.3.0/24,  then

a) the device1 ipaddr configured should be 172.16.3.x/24 with DefGw ipaddr 172.16.3.1 (which would be the Hue-Hub address on the interface connecting to the devices

b) AND ON RV345 you will need to add a static-route (in the Routing page) as below:

172.16.3.0 / 255.255.255.0/ 192.168.3.111 / vlan3

================================================

Please note: The above points are just some logical assumptions of the connectivity and the source-destination of the traffic. I could be wrong in the logical network deployment mentioned above, but the point is that YOU should be doing a similar logical trace of the traffic flow to identify the root-cause as to where the issue is happening, instead of just concentrating on RV345 as the problem device. There is NO issue with RV345, the config applied by you is as simple as it can be...

so be patient and trace the flow and check at each network point...

hope this is of some help

thanks