cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 and DMZ

wellis
Level 1
Level 1

I trying to set up the DMZ on my RVS4000 Small Business Router, and I can not seem to get it to work.  I have tried turning off every setting other than the filrewall and still I can not see any ports or anything.  The machine I have in the dmz, has HTTP, HTTPS, SMB, FTP, and a bunch of ports running.  On the back side of the router, I can scan it with a lan scanner and it sees the ports, if I put the scanner on the otherside of the router, it does not see any ports.  I have tried port forward and other settings, but it does not seem to make any difference.  Are there any settings that would cause the DMZ not to work?  I have tied dynamic and static settings on the router too.

I am on

V2.0.3.2

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning  William Ellis

I am a Cisco network support engineer, we feel extremely happy in welcoming you  to this forum. here we can help you with any questions you have about your product.

First at all, check  check that your DMZ configuration is  correct, in order to do that follow this steps:

Step 1.Choose Setup > DMZ using the router graphical user interface (GUI) management tool.

Step 2. The DMZ Hosting feature will allow a local host to face the internet for special services such as gaming and video conferencing. To use this feature, click Enable. To disable the DMZ feature, click Disable.

Step 3. To expose a particular PC, enter the IP Address of that computer in the DMZ Host IP Address field.

Step 4. Click Save to save the configuration changes, or click Cancel to undo them.

However with this model you can only setup DMZ for one IP address. 

If the configuration is correct check your firewall's configuration because  an ACL may be blocking  ports or IP address

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Please rate helpful posts.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

J-  Thanks for the reply.  I followed the steps, and the result was the same.  I can not see the machine that should be in the DMZ.  When scanning on the internal network (192.168.2.50), I see port 80 available, but when scanning on the DMZ (192.168.1.10) it does not see it.

I have included a couple of images, and maybe there is something else I am missing, but these are the

Image from inside

From Outside

WAN Settings

Hi William Ellis.

We are going to need some details about your network and for a more private  and a quicker answer, you could contact our technical support team and explain them your issue:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

If you have any other question remember you can always contact us using this forum

Thank you

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.