cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 not Port forwarding

Darrin Calcutt
Level 1
Level 1

I have  a new RVS4000 router, which is hosing a seagate GoFlec Home drive.

Origianally my WRT54G router worked fine.

I cannot get the UPnP to work.

I have UPnP enabled.

I have my goFlex Home to automatically configure router for portforwarding, ports 21, 22,80, and 443, and 50000 and 50001.

So, nothing. I cannot connect to my drives http://my.intricatephotography.com

Leaving UPnP enabled, I manually portforward my ports to 192.168.1.121 ( the LAN ip of the GoFlex Hardrive.)

Now all works well.

I'm noting too, that the HipServ site says that ports are forwarded correctly, but it cannot configure the router for UPnP correctly.

Any suggestions?

My port forwarding seem to be a up-and down situation. My customers are geting angry.

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Darrin,

Intriguing post, I just had to comment, as the application looks interesting.

I have absolutely no idea how seagate goFlex @ home setup software  loaded on a PC or MAC  can automatically  via uPnP enable port forwarding specific ports and destination IP on a RVS4000 router.

But, you manually port forwarded  and "Now all works well" as you said in your posting.

Once a port if forwarded, it should not be up or down. I can't imagine port forwarding not working well on the RVS4000

But, please check the seagate knowlwdgwbase and Axenta forum to see if others are having trouble with uPnP

The problem originates from a feature that hasn't been validated on a cisco router, there must be better documentation on how to get uPnP workign with the goFlex application.

Also why not place a warranty call with the Disti partner you purchased the freeagent goFlex @ home.

Also I welcome input from  anyone within the community who  has seen this issue with goFlex@home application.

regards Dave