cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000V2 blocks internet, can't access GUI

Steven Ewing
Level 1
Level 1

I've been having a problem with my RVS4000V2 lately in that I'll intermittently lose connection (or be blocked) to the internet on all PCs on my LAN, and when this happens I can't access the router's GUI. The LAN is still live and according to my SysLog software the router is still connected to the web. The only way to get internet connection to reconnect is to reset the router by resetting power. Cisco has replaced the router twice and I'm currently using a unit I purchased on Ebay and all have exhibited the same issue.

The routers all have had the latest firmware (V2.0.3.4) installed and the most recent IPS definitions (1.50) installed. I've tried resetting to factory defaults, reloading firmware and IPS definitions and none of those actions have resolved the problem.

Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone have a solution?

12 Replies 12

Zach S
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

It sounds like what you may be experiencing is a QoS issue. Do you have CoS/QoS setup on the router?

No. All QoS Settings are disabled or set to their default settings.

That is indeed odd that all 3 are exhibiting the same issue. What can you provide about your current network setup? 

Can you try only one computer connected to your router?

Also have you tried connecting a computer directly to your modem and testing that connection?

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

when the RV016 fails, we make the change on the other TPLINK 2WAN Router and all equipment without problem.

I share some important data

Serial Number : NKS18111329
Firmware Version : v4.2.3.06 (Mar 19 2015 17:20:13)
PID VID : RV016 V03
Firmware MD5 Checksum : 1c6a7780ff978b18d59bd1a6570a59c0
Working Mode : Gateway                   is correct??? or change mode Router???

Today, connect again the RV016 and it works well at the beginning but as soon as users increase the traffic and the problems begin with access to web pages, for example a ping to www.google.com responds, but to access via http doesn't allow me. I had to return to a Router TPLink again.

Hello, for this issue I would call in and open a case with one of our engineers. There should be some in depth troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this.

Please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

My LAN consists of the RVS4000V2 Router, 4 PCs (all Dells, 3 desktop-Windows 8.1, 1 laptop-Windows 10), 2 Media Devices (TV and Blueray player), a Dlink Wireless AP and a Dlink Wireless AP (acting as a bridge/switch for TV, Blueray player and 2 PCs on one side of the house).

Router failure/internet block occurs randomly and does not appear related to a specific devices or devices. Happens when multiple devices are connected or when only one connected.

Haven't tried bypassing the modem (DSL modem is operating in bridged mode) but their is no indication that the modem is no longer connected (traffic displayed on syslog and the DSL modem lights indicate it is still connected when the problem occurs) 

You say, "internet block", is the going to the internet the only thing that no longer works? Can you get to other devices on the internal network?

If you can then by passing the router is a good logical step. Maybe its a ISP issue or maybe the communication between the router and modem on the WAN port.

If we bypass the router and everything works fine then we narrow down to the WAN port since other destinations inside the LAN works. On the other hand if it doesn't work bypassing the router then we narrow down to Modem or ISP.

Eric Moyers

The ISP works well with another router at all times, the only problem is with navigation honestly have not validated the LAN services but agree it should be only the WAN port.

Steven Ewing
Level 1
Level 1

I may have resolved my problem (knock on wood...time will tell). When I was troubleshooting another problem (intermittently unable to access a particular website) I had disabled all the policy settings in the Firewall under the "Internet Access Policy" tab.

A few days ago I created a single policy allowing internet access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and included all LAN PCs IP addresses in the IP Range 1 option. Since I did that the Router has not blocked access to the internet and has not blocked access to the GUI/WI.

About a week now and the crashes have stopped so it appears my problem has been resolved by adding the Firewall internet access policy.

I'm glad you were able to resolve this. Thanks for telling how it was resolved.

Eric Moyers