Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled Reboot of RV220W

marcpopp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

due to problems with our IPsec VPN Tunnel and may posts around here, that indicate that it most likely a bug in the firmware that will never be fixed, we would like to schedule a nightly reboot of our RV220W Routers.

I could not find a option in the configuration menu. I found some articles about SNMP triggered reloads, but they do not work and seam to be IOS related.

How can I reboot my RC220W every night without cutting the power to it every night?

Thank you

Marc

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marc,

As of today there is no option for a scheduled reboot in the SMB routers. If you would like to see that feature added, please call support and open a feature request case.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

I had a router years ago that lost internet access every 2-3 days. I connected a $5 lamp timer to it and set it to turn off at 4am and back on at 4:01am daily. That worked great until I was able to get the issue resolved permanently.

- Marty

A lamp timer is a great solution, and there's even some units that can detect ping timeouts and only reboot when that happens.

Otherwise, there used to be a hidden way to reset the rv016/082 that may work for the 220.  I know the 220 uses a completely new generation of firmware, so it probably won't work, but PM me if you want to try it.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com