Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP527w VPN setup

toddz1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know how to configure SRP527w  without a static outside  ip address to establish a VPN tunnel with VPNC3000.

Thanks

32 Replies 32

If  I may,

I love cisco products but this one from the start has had so many bugs that they should be called Beetles.

just the fact that you can longin to the system as a user and see your VPN shared key in "clear text" is beyond comprehension.The device so fueature rich but poorly put together, why does it not support "Remote Vpn" is mind boggling. I certainly hope the issues has been addressed in the replacement product. Cant wait to get one to test.

Best,

Sean

Sorry folks, don't know where else to turn for help.

Just received the new SRP537w-u. After initial configuration with no issues, now when I click on the "Network" Tab to change the user password I see Wan setup / Web access page.

When I click on "VPN" tab I get Nat Traversal page. What is going on here?

Cisco, is this not supposed to be better than the old devise.

Common………

S

Hi Sean,

I believe that you are seeing an issue caused by some changes in Firefox versions 9 or 10.  We have a fix for this ready in our next maintenance release, but in the meantime, you should find that using a different browser will provide the right experience.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks andrew,

I've actaully tried all 3 different browsers without success. still after updating the firmware, the site to site vpn button is no longer working. Perhaps there's a new way of configuring this setup now? If so, there's just no other documentation on it.

Just out of curiousity, why is it so hard for a vpn router to have site to site vpn and end user vpn simultaneously?

Hi Andrew,

Hi Iceman,

It works for me when I use IE.

Thanks

Andrew.

Sean

Hi,

I loaded the latest firmware onto my SRP527W and setup a VPN Group plus a user. Configured my iPad and it all connects fine so with the latest firmware you have the ability to support up to 5 IPSEC vpn clients it seems. I have an iPhone and iPad both working via VPN right now for email, web and internal network access.

Hope this helps,

--Ian

Hi,

I have just tried to config the VPN Server on the SRP527w and when I enter the details onto my idevice it prompts for a shared secret question.  It won't let me proceed without entering some details.  Then when I enter details it states not correct.

I have searched the admin guide for the srp527w though had no luck. 

Any assisitance on what this paramter is and where you configure it?

Cheers

Hi,

Login to the router as admin

Go to the VPN tab

Expand cisco VPN on the left hand side

Select Group

Set a group name and a password for that group.

That should do it.

My firmware version is:

Firmware Version:1.01.27 (007) Jun 15 2012

Hope this helps.

--Ian

Hi Ian,

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.  I am trying to connect a VPN from my iPa however I keep getting the error on the iPad "The VPN Server did not respond".  I can ping my router successfully and I also have the same (latest) firmware version as you.

Do you mind detailing the specifi settings yu cofigured on the SRP527w and are you using the an inbuilt IOS Ciisco VPN client or a third party app on the iPad?

I appreicate any assistinace you can offer.

Matt

Hi Matt,

You should just be able to use the iPad built in IPSec client.

SRP configuration just requires you to enable the VPN server, configure group name/secret and usernames and passwords for each user.

Don't configure the iPad VPN to use certificates.

Andy

it is now working - thanks heaps guys.

When I configure the ip address for the vpn group, I can't choose the same subnet range as my primary vlan. 

is the general rule to create another vlan/subnet and then enable inter vlan routing??

Hi Matt,

I use the following. I've added comments where I can to try and help.

iPad

Router Settings

Regards,

--Ian

superfoofoo
Level 1
Level 1

On a side note, can someone tell me how I can connect to my SRP527W with my Windows laptop? I can connect to it with my iPhone and iPad but I can't figure what settings to use in the Windows 7 VPN config to get to work. Cheers.

Hi,

I think you'd need the cisco VPN client to be installed for that, or maybe a 3rd party one that supports cisco VPN, I think at least one of them does. Personally I'd use the cisco client if I had the choice and was using Windows.

Regards,

--Ian

Ian Daniel wrote:

Hi,

I think you'd need the cisco VPN client to be installed for that, or maybe a 3rd party one that supports cisco VPN, I think at least one of them does. Personally I'd use the cisco client if I had the choice and was using Windows.

Regards,

--Ian

Do you know where you can get the Cisco VPN client from (for Windows 7)? I thought Cisco would have it available for download on their website, but I should have known better that Cisco don't give away anything for free.