Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP541W WAN Load Balancing and NAT

SJpilot26
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

New to the forums. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I recently switched my office over from a RV042 to SRP541W. We have 2 DSL lines and have used the Load Balance feature on the RV42 to make the best of the connecton speeds. When setting up the SRP541W when i select load balancing it tells me NAT should be disabled. Why is that? I see a place to input static routes but Im not entirly sure what needs to be done here to set this up correctly. Any input would be appriciated. Also right off the bat we had some issues with access to Google Docs and Mail. I think its becuase those sites dont like seeing access from multiple IPs (fromt the Dual WAN) so I set up a entry in Policy Routing directing all traffic from port 443 to go through one WAN, is this the right way to do this?

Thanks!

Mike-

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Mike,

Thank you and welcome to the Small Business Support Community.

It is possible to configure load balancing with NAT, however in this case, remote internet servers will potentially see sessions from remote hosts behind the SRP541W coming from different source IP addresses (the WAN IP addresses), causing the sessions to be reset unexpectedly.

The Policy Routing setting you setup is exactly what I would do in your case.

I hope these answer your question and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything else I may assist you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.