cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access SRP521W Web Management

llwinstonll
Level 1
Level 1

Just brought another set of SRP521W, after changed the WAN setting to PPPOE, we unable to access the web management. The power/sys light will keep blink when trying to access the web management. We able to ping it. We tried the reset button but it did not work as well. Anyone has a solution? Is that a way to upgrade the firmware without using the web management?

4 Replies 4

sakisflee
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried connecting to it using another port other than the N.4 lan/wan port?

When you change it to PPoE this port is no longer accessible from lan.

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Winston, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. Did you hold down the reset button for 30 seconds? In order to do a factory reset you have to hold down the reset button for at less 30 seconds, I also recommend you use other browser and other computer, and try to access again, you´d better do this with the Wan port unplugged.  I hope you find this answer useful.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi, athanaios

I did tried with other lan ports. Is the same.

Hi, Jonathan,

I think i did hold more than 30 seconds because i not sure what is the time for reset, so i hold it for a very long time. But still the same.

Anyway, i managed to get it back to work by using the router_ip/admin/upgrade?website_url_hold_firmware_bin URL to upgrade the firmware. And had problem during upgrade because router power/sys keep blink and i left it for a day but still blinking. End up, i power off the router. However, after power off and on, i managed to get into the web management but the firmware is still the old one. So I upgraded the firmware though the web management. And now working fine but i did not dare to use it for PPPOE.

Thanks for the help.

Good morning Winston, I apologize for the issues you are having, in order to resolve your problem in a  faster way, you could contact our support team and explain them your problem, it looks like a hardware problem.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html . I encourage you to share the answer with us. Thanks, and again I apologize with you.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.