cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use an SRP 520 or 540 series to limit download.

paulchao668866
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have an SRP 527 and I wish to connect this to my shop as that this has the features where I can create a multiple WiFi SSIDs.

That has been created successfully and quite easily however what I wanted to do is to limit data dowload to my customers because free WiFi is not really free WiFi.

This would be like an Internet Cafe scenario where my customers come in and have their services attended to, while they are waiting, they can connect using the Free WiFi available basically for Facebook, twitter, e-mails or web browsing however I wish to avoid massive downloads that will be costly to me.

I also wish to upgrade to the SRP 540 series and I know the programming is quite different however the same for that?

Can anyone please help???

Kindest Regards

1 Reply 1

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

The SRP500 isn't able to control download volume on a per user basis.  You can restrict access to specific websites or application if you wish using the Internet Access Control feature under Network Setup > Firewall.  You can also use this feature to block any access to the Internet outside of your business hours if you wish.

The web interface for the SRP540 is practically identical to that of the SRP520.  The SRP540 also includes a Guest WiFi feature that allows you to limit guest access with a password and allow them a set period of time to use the service.

Regards,

Andy